Welcome to the Bullants Vegas Night! After last season's successful Casino Royale Night, this year we've shaken it up with a Vegas theme! So lads wear a collar and ladies dress to impress! How it [...]
Dear Bullant community, Thank you for supporting the Bulleen Templestowe Cricket Club over the 2017/18 as a Sponsor, Social Member, Past Player or Parent. To reflect the vital importance we place on your ongoing support [...]
This round's Match Reports are brought to you by i-Care @ Bulleen Optometrists. I-Care Bulleen is an established, independent practice located in the heart of Bulleen. Servicing the local community for over 20 years, the [...]
This round's Match Reports are brought to you by 2tt's Socks. 2tt’s School & Specialty Pty Ltd manufacture tough and terrific school and sports socks. 2tt’s proudly boast Australian made socks with an emphasis on [...]
This round's Match Reports are brought to you by The Harp of Erin. Located on High St in Kew, The Harp of Erin is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Thanks to [...]
Details: When - Saturday 16 December from 6.30pm onwards Where - Ted Ajani Clubrooms Cost - ALL Juniors $5! Parents/Seniors $10 Family - $20 Gold Social Members - FREE If you can bring a [...]
A message from the President
I thought it worth sharing a few reflections and highlights on the season so far as is customary at this time of the year.
What a season it has been so far. We’ve fielded eighteen teams across Juniors (girls and boys), Seniors, Vets & T20. This is an amazing achievement and would not be possible without the help and countless hours from the amazing volunteers, parents, coaches, players, supporters and sponsors that we have at this great club. So first and foremost, thank you for your efforts, time and support.
We have had some magnificent highlights already this season including:
- Opening of the brand new nets at Ted Ajani – they are brilliant!
- Playing over 20 different junior players in senior cricket – including 11 in round 1.
- Hundreds from Marcus McCrohan (2) and Les Pataki
- A career best 6 wickets in an innings for Andrew Smith
- Mitch Cassidy’s 1stXI debut
- Welcoming our two new Sri Lankan players – Raji & Darsh
- Michael Amor reaching game 300 – only the third player in the club to achieve this milestone
- Trivia night and Xmas social evenings
- Our Junior Rep selections including Under 12 BHRDCA: Fraser Plain, Adam Howard & Lachlan Sticca. Under 15 Inner East Girls: Alice Mayne. Victoria Metro Under 15 Girls: Kristy Arulrajah. Under 18 BHRDCA: Mitch Cassidy.
It is now a good opportunity for a rest. Take time to reflect on what we have achieved as players, teams and a club, and set goals for the rest of the season. There is still a lot of improvement to come and a lot to be achieved.
Most teams are still well in the hunt for finals, and with some dedication and discipline after the holiday break, the ultimate goal of a premiership is certainly attainable.
What we have to look forward to in 2018:
- Finals – all senior teams and most junior teams are looking very promising to play finals – let’s make this a reality with some hard work.
- Rep Cricket – A number of juniors will represent the association over the summer holidays in the Rep carnivals.
- Social functions – Casino Night (Feb 3rd), Pink Stumps Day/Night (Feb 17th), Club Day (Jan 21st), Reverse Raffle (Mar 3rd) & Presentation Night (Apr 7th)
I wish you all a happy and safe holiday period and merry boxing day!
Matthew Hale – President, Bulleen Templestowe Cricket Club